Never before in TNA has a wrestler actually left the company the way Kurt Angle did. Angle left on top, possibly leaving the sport altogether. Much like Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels in WWE, he got a sendoff from TNA wrapping up his career with the company.
I appreciate all that TNA did for Angle on his farewell tour. They selected a handful of opponents that would highlight Angle's skills. They elevated their stars in the process (such as Drew Galloway, Lashley, Mike Bennett and The Wolves) and they gave the fans something to remember Kurt Angle with.
Throughout the night, TNA spotlighted this huge moment with segments and backstage pretapes. I liked that they left the door open for a Kurt Angle return through interactions with Mike Bennett and The Wolves. Kurt passing the Ankle Lock onto Davey Richards was cool and could lead to something special should Kurt ever return.
In the chance Kurt does return, it can't be in the form it has been. He needs to be treated like The Undertaker with rare matches. He can't be seen every week. I would support him in a backstage role with one or two matches per year. With that said, he can't come back to TNA TV for at least a year. TNA did right by Kurt with this farewell tour so they need to keep it meaningful.
Kurt's last match against Lashley was very enjoyable. It didn't reach the levels of Angle vs Lashley II but it was a strong main event. The aftermath of Lashley smashing through TNA's top faces was cool too. I have been calling for a Lashley heel turn. My guess is that he joins with Raquel and really puts it into motion. He has a built-in feud with Drew Galloway and EC3.
Thank you for all the memories Kurt. Even if this is the last we see of you in TNA, then I wish you all the best.
* The Galloway vs Bennett feud continued with an in-ring brawl. I like that Bennett claimed that Dixie needed him to fill the hole that Kurt was leaving with his departure. Dixie wasn't buying it and neither was Drew.
* The King of the Mountain Match was solid. I like the tandem of EY and Bram so I am hoping they aren't splitting them up. My problem is that I care little about Jimmy Havoc and less about Damo and Will Ospreay. TNA puts these local wrestlers out there with little context and hopes fans will invest in it. I don't agree with that philosophy.
I also don't agree with throwing specialty matches out there like they did with King of the Mountain this week. TNA has effectively watered down the specialty of this match by having three within a nine month period. This is an issue that continues to plague the company.
* Gail Kim vs Jade was a strong match. Jade could be a good nemesis for Gail in the long run. I think the finish kept things going as Gail didn't get a strong win over Jade.
* The Wolves vs Beer Money was an excellent back and forth contest with some great tag team spots. Unfortunately, Davey Richards' injury stopped it from reaching its full potential but we still got a great battle up to that point. Beer Money can now move onto someone like Decay or a new team. At that same time, I hope TNA uses Eddie Edwards well in a singles role. Having him chase the X Division or KOTM Title may be a good idea. Don't let him waste away while his partner is recovering.
* Once again, I thought the Grado segment was the low point of the show. They teased that they would reveal the proof tonight and Grado's friend never aired the footage. More of the same that we got the last few weeks.