This logically set up the main event, which we believed would be a handicap match. EC3 said throughout the night that he wanted to do this on his own. He now has trust issues since Tyrus turned on him. He turned down Drew Galloway and Rockstar Spud. It was Spud who eventually joined Carter in what would become a tag team match. EC3 pinning Matt made sense in teasing a new World Champion next week.
* What we got between Eric Young and James Storm was okay. I like how they mix the KOTM Title in with a tag team feud. Between the match and the long backstage brawl, the match inside Six Sides of Steel makes sense. It could very well be a feud-ender.
* The build of "Miracle" Mike Bennett continued with a win over Mandrews and later an assault on Drew Galloway. I still think Bennett's opponents get too much offense on him and the matches are going too long but at least he gets an opportunity to bust out his signature moves. Speaking of that, why did they change the name of his finisher from "Divine Intervention" to "Miracle in Progress." The original name was good enough. If Lockdown was still a 3-hour PPV, I would expect Galloway vs Bennett to take place at the show. My guess is that these two meet up soon on an episode of IMPACT.
* To me, the Monster's Ball Match is a candidate for Match of the Year. Some aren't a fan of hardcore matches and don't feel there is a spot for them but I am and I do. Decay has been such a welcome addition to the IMPACT product. The presentation of their entrance, the looks of both Crazzy Steve and Rosemary and the general uneasiness of the group makes my skin crawl. Monster's Ball should be a hardcore match taken to that next level. It shouldn't be a regular hardcore match but should be remembered every time it happens.
This tag team Monster's Ball Match did just that. The action was excellent, there was plenty of good spots and it told a story. Davey Richards sucking out the mist from Rosemary and then using it on her and then The Wolves taking back their tag titles were both an excellent conclusion to this feud. My hope is that the momentum of either the Decay or The Wolves ends. TNA is on to something here.
* The Knockouts Tag Team Match was solid but I feel the division needs some freshening up. I believe TNA should look within the company to do that but in this case they will likely need to scout new names. Really, I would expect between 1 and 3 hired between now and April. Cherry Bomb, another face and a heel would be a good start with Maria stepping in, Rosemary moving over and Raquel eventually being ready to compete. It needs to happen.
By the way, I like the idea of a Knockouts Lethal Lockdown Match. The match has gotten stale at the main event level and I think shaking it up is a good move. Hopefully the use of weapons will improve the match for the Knockouts.
* The low point of the show for me was Odarg/Shera vs Drake/Jessie. I like comedy but this was a bit too WWE-stupid for me. My fear is Drake eventually gets fired when it is revealed that Grado actually got the KOTM case. Let's hope TNA is better than that.