Unfortunately, TNA does things that detract from this awesome crowd. Despite the arena having a full looking crowd, TNA darkens the audience. Even though the crowd is very loud and vocal, TNA does a poor job mic'ing them. What this does is eliminate whatever benefit the UK crowd provides to the company. They need to do a much better job accentuating the crowd since overall, crowd reactions tend to be a major weak point of the company.
* The main narrative from this week's IMPACT was Matt Hardy trying to get Dixie Carter to fire EC3. Matt Hardy evolved this week. In the past few weeks it really was Reby Sky who gave Hardy a sense of heat. Matt was very irritating with the constant yelling and fluctuation of his tone.
It was awesome to see Rockstar Spud come out and defend EC3 especially with the history. I am hoping we get a reunion of the two as they were one of my favorite acts of 2014. Its was kinda hard to see Spud coming up with good excuses of why EC3 shouldn't be fired especially with all of his despicable acts in the past year. When Ethan came out for the save, the pop didn't sound anything comparable to live when he got a great reaction.
We know that EC3 will battle Matt Hardy inside Six Sides of Steel at Lockdown. For some reason, I don't see EC3 getting the title back at this point. It will be interesting to see if Matt can retain and what measures he will go through to do just that.
Speaking of Lockdown, I like that TNA is actually kind of building towards the show. Lockdown arguably is one of their three biggest shows of the year. Really at this point, I don't care if its on PPV or TV as long as the hype is good and the concept is treated well. On a side note, if they are going to use the IMPACT Wrestling logo with the Lockdown logo, they really need to turn it red.
* I really enjoyed the Beer Money vs Decay Match. Both teams are highlights of IMPACT for me. Decay interrupting Beer Money's attempt at a tag title shot makes sense since they seemingly are chasing the titles. After being disqualified, Decay went after Beer Money until the Wolves made the save. This set up a tag team Monster's Ball Match next week while also continuing the story between Beer Money and The Wolves for their eventual tag title match. Monster's Ball should be a fun match.
* It looks like I was right in regards to Eli Drake's Feast or Fired briefcase. It appears that he switched the numbers of his and Grado's briefcase. Grado showed up this week with proof that he shouldn't be fired. I am very mixed about Grado; sometimes I like him while other weeks I really don't. This story should continue through the UK Tapings. With that said, even if Grado gets his job back I am hoping it doesn't lead to Eli Drake getting fired.
* Even though it feels like the two have been going at it forever I enjoyed the Jade/Madison Rayne Match. I like Jade's Package Piledriver finisher. Jade really needs to step up with Awesome Kong's release. This is her perfect opportunity. I said it before that I think this is setting up a Knockouts Lethal Lockdown Match. BTW, Madison looks to have again switched her finisher as she attempted the Crossroads move during the show.
* Drew Galloway vs Kurt Angle was easily a TNA Match of the Year Candidate. I like that Drew (in front of his home crowd) couldn't put Angle away with his normal weapons so he added one in the form of a modified Crossface move. I think its a good addition. Drew couldn't get the job done last time but this time he did. I think the blood added to the match as Angle looked to be in the fight of his life.
My only regret is that I kind of wish the first Drew Galloway/Angle match went to someone else. I would have been happy to have Angle/Drew vs The Wolves in a tag team match or Angle vs Davey. It seems like we won't ever get that match at this point.